How to get involved
On this website:
- Get a WordPress account, https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/
- Choose you username and password (you can also start you own personal blog, if you want to).
- Make a comment on a post that interests you. We might like it.
- Check your email for an invite.
- Come back to http://occupymelbourne.net
- Log in and start posting and commenting* (in a mature and reasonable fashion).
Please note: we currently don’t accept post and comments from political parties, we are interested in what individuals say when they speak their minds.
If you are here to cause trouble, troll, make silly dramas and pointless arguments you won’t be here long. Tell the truth as best as you understand it, and be fair.
- Go to a protest you feel you support.
- Meet people.
- Ask questions.
- Make friends.
- Find out about other protests/issues you may feel passion for and how to get involved.
But what ever you do, be aware of this little trap:
Free Shop, Fridays 3PM to 7PM:
At the city square on the corner of Swanston and Collins street.