Monthly Archives: July 2021
1.You told us to stay home for two weeks to “flatten the curve”. We did as you asked. And 18 months later we are still locked in our homes.
2. You kept brothels open but closed churches because illicit sex wouldn’t spread the virus, but religious services would.
3. You tell us you are “following the science” while subjecting us to arbitrary restrictions with zero basis in science.4. You formed a national cabinet to fight Covid, and now use the national cabinet only to fight among yourselves — with our families, jobs and businesses as collateral damage.
5. You insisted that “we are all in this together” while we lost our jobs or saw our hours slashes and you got pay rises.
6. You keep thousands of Australian citizens from returning home while allowing a figure of such inconsequence such as Caitlyn Jenner into the country to film Big Brother, along with an entire other legion of luvvies.
7. You let these types head straight to compounds on the Queensland coast or at Byron Bay to quarantine while Australian citizens served their 14 days in poky hotel rooms with minimal facilities, many of which were health hazards themselves.
8. You refuse individuals the ability to visit interstate relatives — even immediate family — but give special exemptions to entire football teams to travel around the nation.
9. You told us Astrazeneca was unsafe for people under 60. Then you told us AZ was unsafe for people under 50. Now you urge us all to take AZ, and sneer at us if we hesitate to follow your ever-changing ‘expert’ advice. You, of course, have the power to reject this advice, but presumably are so afraid of having to take responsibility you’re happy to play along, despite the damaging confusion.
10. You said we can’t go overseas, but that the Queensland Premier simply must go overseas to pitch for an Olympic Games that we had already won and that we didn’t even want.
11. You tell us it’s too dangerous even to go outside but have created a bizarre economy and labour force that allows the wealthy to sit at home in their pyjamas getting paid to conduct Zoom meetings while the poor and many of the worst equipped to follow health warnings must daily risk their lives.
12. And can we please contrast your huffing and puffing from the weekend with your complete cowardice over those Black Lives Matter marches last year?You treat the public like mugs for the better part of two years, and then wonder why they take to the streets effectively saying, “screw you”.
Well, of course it’s a mystery.”
Shared from Tom Woods
We learned a lot about our fellow man over the course of the virus panic, much of it unflattering.
The UK-based rapper known as Zuby recently listed 20 of them on Twitter, and his list went viral.
I thought you’d enjoy it:
20 Things I’ve Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The “Pandemic”
1. Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.
2. At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.
3. Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.
4. Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.
5. Anything and everything can and will be politicized by the media, government, and those who trust them.
6. Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.
7. Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.
8. Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.
9. Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviors — for better or worse.
10. When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.
11. People who are dismissed as “conspiracy theorists” are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
12. Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said “safety” is merely an illusion.
13. Hedonistic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to “normal.”
14. A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.
15. “The Science” has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.
16. Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.
17. Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.
18. If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.
19. Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.
20. It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.