They control the narrative They perpetuate the myth
Keep on selling you lies Tell you ignorance is bliss
Believe it all and you Never get the truth
Never get wise, wise to their lies To their lies
They control the media They control the media They control the media They control the media
By Tom Woods
Masks have been taking a beating.
First it was the sudden Establishment consensus that outdoor mask mandates had no scientific merit and should be repealed.
Then it was the CDC saying that the vaccinated don’t need to wear masks.
Then, from this foundation, big stores like Trader Joe’s, Walmart, and Costco all announced that the vaccinated would not be required to wear masks in their stores — and added that they wouldn’t be verifying anyone’s vaccination status.
And yet in many places mask wearing is still overwhelmingly prevalent.
The wearers either don’t believe their vaccines work, or they suddenly don’t trust the CDC, or who knows what.
Or they’ve simply been so terrorized and propagandized that they can’t think clearly.
Or the mask is a symbol of “science” and moral superiority, and they can’t give that up.
|The other day on Twitter someone asked people: why do you care if people are wearing masks outdoors? They’ve just been through a mass death event. Let them do what they want.|
Well, of course I’ll let people do stupid, pointless things if they want.
But here’s why I care:
(1) If people did a rain dance after a long drought I wouldn’t say, “Can you blame them? It’s been a long drought.”
(2) Many of the people still wearing masks, especially outdoors, are the very ones who spent the past year lecturing the rest of us about science. When they themselves act in defiance of science, it rightly makes us question what their true motivations had been all along.
(3) Masks don’t seem to do anything. The “studies” purporting to show that they do either involve arbitrary dates (and thus exclude huge spikes that would be embarrassing to have to explain away) or are just models, in which the model assumes from the start that masks work.
What we know in reality is that we have chart after chart after chart of countries around the world in which, just before a massive spike, some headline read, “How Country X Defeated the Coronavirus,” and the story generally involves masks. After the spike, no journalist revisits the issue and says, “Maybe we were being too simplistic when we attributed country X’s success to masks. The Florida panhandle is mostly unmasked, and their health outcomes are no different from those in the rest of the state. Mandates have ended in numerous states, with no ill effects.
(4) Human communication involves more than words (and even words can be hard to make out with masks on). Masks disrupt the full spectrum of human communication, thereby opening the door to suspicion and misunderstanding.
(5) Are we seriously so debased that I actually have to argue in favor of seeing people’s faces?
(6) Infants and toddlers need facial expressions for their proper development. We all know about the studies involving infants and a mother who is expressionless as opposed to a mother who is smiling. Infants and toddlers today are growing up in what must seem like a soulless dystopia.
(7) If you’re wearing a mask outside in particular, you’re either impervious to evidence or you’re making some kind of statement, and neither possibility is particularly flattering. Nobody would do such a thing without at least a vague sense that it’s scientifically justified. So that means they almost certainly look at my unmasked face and assume scientific ignorance. I don’t particularly care for having that assumption made about me.
At first many of us wondered how the politicians would stand down from all these crazy restrictions and requirements. But now an equally compelling question is whether substantial segments of the American public itself will be willing to ditch these things.
I suspect the masks will come off in large numbers once a critical mass is reached. In other words, the remainder will fall quickly because I think many of those people complied in the first place out of a desire to do what was popular. As soon as masks cease to be popular, this group of people will rip them off pretty darn quickly.
This gallery contains 5 photos.
As part of a worldwide anti-lockdown movement the Melbourne Freedom rally saw thousands of disgruntled protesters take to the streets yesterday.
The Boss DWI? It’s a joke. In this world gone mad not even the Boss himself is safe from the shear stupidity of overzealous law enforcement.
Yesterday, the news broke that bonafide music legend, Bruce Springsteen, was arrested in November for suspicion of DUI, reckless driving, and consuming alcohol in a closed area, whatever precisely that means. Adding the requisite insult to injury, the rocker was locked up on his home turf, at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, NJ.
According to the New York Post, Springsteen was riding his motorcycle on the Sandy Hook peninsula when he stopped to take pictures with fans. For anyone that lives in NJ, this is hardly an uncommon occurrence; as one of the most recognizable celebrities in the world, Bruce sightings are frequent in the area as is his penchant for stopping and chatting.
View original post 1,512 more words
“There is a situation ow , where MSM pundits, sleazy corporate billionaires and other assorted dregs of society are telling us we need to upend the way we do business because of one specific riot that lasted two hours as opposed to all of the other riots we have seen that in some cases they have explicitly endorsed.
The capitol riot is a single event involving a few thousand people as opposed to the BLM and Antifa riots that were all over the country for a protracted period and probably involve several hundred thousand people.
And now finally the leftists have found protesters who were shot that they won’t stand in solidarity with. What is the unifying feature?: which kind of hats they were wearing. They said MAGA instead of BLM, so their lives don’t matter to the Democratic party.. And they are called terrorists instead of protesters” Styx666
They were accused of protesting at the Shrine of Remembrance, but in reality they were detained on the basis of their political affiliation, as Daniel Andrews has declared war on “far-right” dissenters (meaning everybody who disagrees with Chairman Dan and his American counterpart Beijing Biden)
Vicpol clearly wanted their names and addresses for the data base of potential “terrorists” they are building.
As the discussion heats up, the flag bearer yells at the police officer : “You would shoot us if you were told to.”
Australia 2020 or the German Democratic Republic 1980, you decide.