How to get involved
Occupy Melbourne Free Kitchen : Tuesdays 7pm – 10pm
We are giving away free food every week. Free conversations are also provided.
Remember no-one owns or organizes the free shop, but occupymelbourne.net have been part of it since the beginning.
Facebook occupy melbourne free kitchen
There is no other facebook group for this event, any that may have been created are falsely claiming credit for this initiative.
- Talk to other people nicely.
- Ask people about occupymelbourne.net.
- Don’t leave a mess.
On this website:
- Get a WordPress account, https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/
- Choose you username and password (you can also start you own personal blog, if you want to).
- Make a comment on a post that interests you. We might like it.
- Check your email for an invite.
- Come back to http://occupymelbourne.net
- Log in and start posting and commenting* (in a mature and reasonable fashion).
Please note: we currently don’t accept post and comments from political parties, we are interested in what individuals say when they speak their minds.
If you are here to cause trouble, troll, make silly dramas and pointless arguments you won’t be here long. Tell the truth as best as you understand it, and be fair.
- Go to a protest you feel you support.
- Meet people.
- Ask questions.
- Make friends.
- Find out about other protests/issues you may feel passion for and how to get involved.
Free Shop, Fridays 3PM to 7PM:
At the city square on the corner of Swanston and Collins street.