How to get involved
Bentleigh Free shop : Wednesdays 2pm – 5pm
We are giving away free things every week. Free conversations are also provided.
Remember no-one owns or organizes the free shop, but occupymelbourne.net have been part of it since the beginning.
Facebook Bentleigh free shop
There is no other facebook group for this event, any that may have been created are falsely claiming credit for this initiative.
- If you have things to give away add them tidily to the steps.
- Gently encourage passers by to consider taking a free item.
- Remind people the things are free. ( they may be surprised or confused ).
- Make sure people aren’t too greedy.
- Talk to other people nicely.
- Ask people about occupymelbourne.net.
- If you are lucky you might get invited to other things.
- Stay until 7pm and if your donations are unclaimed make sure you take them with you or someone else take them.
- Don’t leave a mess.
We have a flyer that might answer some other questions you might have:
On this website:
- Get a WordPress account, https://signup.wordpress.com/signup/
- Choose you username and password (you can also start you own personal blog, if you want to).
- Make a comment on a post that interests you. We might like it.
- Check your email for an invite.
- Come back to http://occupymelbourne.net
- Log in and start posting and commenting* (in a mature and reasonable fashion).
Please note: we currently don’t accept post and comments from political parties, we are interested in what individuals say when they speak their minds.
If you are here to cause trouble, troll, make silly dramas and pointless arguments you won’t be here long. Tell the truth as best as you understand it, and be fair.
- Go to a protest you feel you support.
- Meet people.
- Ask questions.
- Make friends.
- Find out about other protests/issues you may feel passion for and how to get involved.
Free Shop, Fridays 3PM to 7PM:
At the city square on the corner of Swanston and Collins street.