Category Archives: Kapitalism
A political and economic system as described by Karl Marx
Of course this means that:
1) The roads will be sold off cheaply to the puppet masters corporations.
2) Roads will not be maintained.
3) No new roads will be built.
4) Your right to travel freely will be gone.
5) The road tolling system will be a means of universal surveillance
Of course roads can be built without a government, but why do that when you can get the public to pay for it, and then buy at cents in the dollar from the government you installed into office. Then of course ransom the general public for using the roads they paid for, that y0u just stole off them.
Send all your empty Cheezles packets to Ewan Jones and you go in the draw for a job. Sounds great kids, so get off your XBOX and get posting those Cheezles!
Plainly explaining that its not freedom just because someone calls it freedom, it has to have the properties of freedom.
It harks back to Stefan Molyneux’s explanation ‘the world is a farm’ and ‘to know the farm is to leave the farm’.
In the USA there is an on going debate about net neutrality which is a complex topic.
Basically the issue is large communications infrastructure providers are attempting to ransom content delivery companies for speed (bandwidth) or priority access to their own customers.
This is relevant for the world as many major internet services are hosted in the USA and reliant on their network policies and speeds.
Vi Hart ( who normally explains mathematical concepts ) gives a really good explanation of the net neutrality issue.
* Netflicks is an online movie service obviously reliant on good internet speeds.
More information at:
Your aren’t allowed to know about what you aren’t allowed to know about.
In a truly big brother move the Australian government is trying to keep the suppression of information order itself secret.
What is next is secret prisons and secret prisoners.
From wikileaks.org press release:
From this article today, which you may have seen on television today if you watch ABC.
Now watch the video again considering these details which you may have missed:
1) Food was being delivered to people who would otherwise go hungry.
This means poverty is severe and welfare is clearly failing. This generally means there are very limited prospects for employment in this area because money is simply not flowing in this community.
2) Tons of food was being transported, in particularly vegetables and bread. Question is why aren’t these products being sold in supermarkets? Are supermarkets simply squeezing out local manufacturers?
3) The young woman (Stacey Binns) was working for no payment.
This means no amount of work she was doing would increase her disposable income, and would not start money flowing in her community. Therefore what she was really doing was being forced to perpetuate the poverty in her community.
4) The young woman (Stacey Binns) quite rightly pointed out that there are hundreds of application for every job advertised. Her chances are slim of getting out of the poverty trap deliberately created around her.
5) This is one of 18 high unemployment areas around Australia where this scheme has been rolled out this month and already the federal government wants to expand the scheme further making it nationwide by July 2015.
6) The government will spend 900 Million dollars rolling out this scheme, that’s almost enough to send a rover to the surface of Mars. It well known that these schemes are generally not successful and actually if anything reduce the chances of transition from welfare to work.
7) 900 Million dollars is enough money to give 18,000 people 50, 000 for one year, I think 18,000 people having a basics income would generate more jobs than a downward economic spiral. The almost 1 Billion dollars will be wasted on a variety of corporate scumbags lining up for a hand out while attacking people on benefits.
8) Work for the dole or ‘help and hassle’ welfare schemes only really function when the economy is super hot and unemployment is extremely low (2% or less), not when unemployment is well above 5%.
9) All of this has been tried before and even without the stipulation to engage in slave labor, when there are no jobs no amount of looking for them will be successful.
Proof? (Warning kiwi accents.)
I cant try any harder!
-A young man shows quite succinctly by canvassing numerous Auckland suburbs that the jobs were simply not there.
The clip is from a much larger series by Alistair Barry which you can find links to here:
Don’t be too impatient give it a few minutes, you are practically looking at a working crystal ball, everything you are seeing now in the Australian economy was tried in New Zealand 25 years ago. The result was a disaster, by the time the right wing neo-con government was voted out off office in 1999 , the economy was shrinking at 2% though strangely the government statistics department was claiming it was growing at 2%. Though that is a separate scandal in itself which strangely got very little media traction. Of course this all happened while most western economies were booming, showing how much of a complete failure it was to improve the economy.
This of course was simply a tactic to reduce the average wage and introduce a whole new strata of New Zealand society to a lower standard of living ,and quite a few to abject poverty. Interestingly this right wing government launched a radical slashing of welfare just after assuming office on a strong majority after a lack luster two term Labour government with leadership changes in the dying days, sounds too bloody familiar.
For reference in 1991 $50 NZD was worth about $86NZD in today’s money. The inflation problems experienced in Australia in the 90’s had already happened in NZ in the 80’s. Food prices are comparable with Australian prices though meat is about 20% less expensive due to exceptional livestock rearing climate (fertile soil, lack of drought and neither too hot or cold most years). Beer and other alcohol is 50% cheaper due to much lower excises, personally I think if it wasn’t the country would be empty and Bondi Beach would be full. New Zealand actually produces enough food to feed itself and all of Australia, a good reason to be in the good books with the bloody kiwis, or at least have a comprehensive invasion plan.
Jonathan Moylan had his own Mega Mosque moment when he created a parody email system called ANZcorporate and sent out fake press releases claiming a col mining project had lost it line of credit from ANZ, of course the share price when tumbling because all this is fake money and can disappear in an instant. Then the banksters got angry that people were figuring out their dirty tricks, his ‘roumortrage’ (rumor and arbitrage) had done real damage, but he unlike banksters had refused to take monetary advantage from it all.
Court case ensues, found guilty but unlikely to face jail because these kinds of finance crimes always have precedent and are usually accompanied by light sentences.
Amazing the kind of damage you can do with a few dollars, a clever idea and stone cold bluff.
Because absolutely nothing can be a real cool hand.